In this beautiful historic warehouse from 1756, we had a unique opportunity to build what we would call Copenhagen's coziest hostel. We live in a quiet backyard in the most vibrant Nyhavn – right in Copenhagen city center.
The two owners of Bedwood are passionate about the hostel idea and are helping run the place. We have built Bedwood Hostel from scratch and we have thought through every detail. We have used recycled materials in as many places as possible. We are experienced travellers with many hostel visits behind us and now we have made a new hostel for other travellers.
How it works
- Arrive at anytime you feel like, the reception is open 24/7
- Check in to your bed after 15:00
- Check out before 11:00
- Quiet in the rooms at 22:00, but you are welcome to hang out in our common areas until midnight
- Hang out in our quiet courtyard, it closes at 22:30 on working days and at midnight at Friday and Saturday
- To respect our neighbours, the rest of the backyard is only for passing through
- No curfew and no rules without a reason
All you need
24 hour access
Rent a bike
Get a nice retreat after long days exploring the city in one of our dorm rooms.
- 6, 8, 10 or 12 bunk beds
- Reading lamp and power in all beds
- Lockers in all rooms – locked with your own padlock
- Beds are long enough (200cm) for our tall guests
Double rooms and family rooms
Get you own private room with a double bed and maybe a bunk bed for the small group or a family.
- All beds are made and ready
- Towels are included in all private rooms
- Toilet and shower facilities are shared
Get your own space and close the door to your bed.
- Reading light
- USB sockets
- Power plugs
The common areas
Feel at home in our cozy common area. Meet other travelers, share a pot of tea or a beer and get ideas for what else you have to experience in Copenhagen. Outside we have a charming quiet courtyard where you can recharge over morning coffee before heading out into the thriving Copenhagen.
Bedwood Hostel is not just a place to stay – it's a place to live. Our goal is for you to feel at home as soon as you come through our door, and that Bedwood Hostel is your home as long as you stay with us in Copenhagen.
food and drinks
Every morning you can buy a delicious breakfast buffet.
- Ham and butter
- Cheese and jam
- Muesli and yoghurt
- Milk or juice
The price is only 75 kr.
Try our delicious sandwiches, pizza, nachos and toasties.
- Coffee, tea and chocolate
- A large assortment of bottled and draft beer
- Choose a nice cocktail from our menu
How to find us
If arriving by plane we are just 15 minutes away by metro, from Kastrup airport to Kongens Nytorv, and from there a 3 minutes walk across the square and to Nyhavn 63 (we are on the north side of the water, keep to the left when you arrive at the harbour). If you arrive at the Central Station you can take the bus 1A from Tietgensgade (the bridge across the rails) it leaves every 5 minutes. Remember to buy a 2 zone ticket before you enter the bus.
If you plan a travel for a big group feel free to contact us at email@example.com to get a good deal for your group. It pays to plan in advanced, especially in summer time.