In this beautiful historic warehouse from 1756, we had a unique opportunity to build what we would call Copenhagen's coziest hostel. We live in a quiet backyard in the most vibrant Nyhavn – right in Copenhagen city center.
The two owners of Bedwood are passionate about the hostel idea and are helping run the place. We have built Bedwood Hostel from scratch and we have thought through every detail. We have used recycled materials in as many places as possible. We are experienced travellers with many hostel visits behind us and now we have made a new hostel for other travellers.
Look for available beds
How it works
- Arrive at anytime you feel like, the reception is open 24/7
- Check in to your bed after 15:00
- Check out before 11:00
- Quiet in the rooms at 22:00, but you are welcome to hang out in our common areas untill midnight
- YOU get a chip key and WE get an image ID as a deposit
- Hang out in our quiet courtyard, it closes at 22:30 on working days and at midnight at Friday and Saturday
- To respect our neighbours, the rest of the backyard is only for passing through
- No age limit, no curfew and no rules without a reason
All you need
24 hour access
Rent a bike
- City maps
You can book a bed in a dorm room with 6, 8, 10 or 12 bunk beds. We have custom built all the bunk beds from wood, and we have made sure that you get a cool retreat after long days exploring the city.
- There are curtains in all the beds, so you get much more privacy than is normally seen in dorms
- Reading lamp and power in all beds
- Lockers in all rooms – locked with your own padlock
- Beds are long enough (200cm) for our tall guests
The common areas
Feel at home in our cozy common area. Meet other travelers, swap a book, play our guitar, share a pot of tea or a beer and get ideas for what else you have to experience in Copenhagen. Outside we have a charming quiet courtyard where you can recharge over morning coffee before heading out into the thriving Copenhagen.
Bedwood Hostel is not just a place to stay – it's a place to live. Our goal is for you to feel at home as soon as you come through our door, and that Bedwood Hostel is your home as long as you stay with us in Copenhagen.
Every morning we serve a delicious fresh breakfast buffet.
- Home baked bread
- Ham and sausage
- Cheese and jam
- Muesli, oatmeal and cornflakes
- Milk, coffee, tea and juice
The price is only 55 kr.
How to find us
If arriving by plane we are just 15 minutes away by metro, from Kastrup airport to Kongens Nytorv, and from there a 3 minutes walk across the square and to Nyhavn 63 (we are on the north side of the water, keep to the left when you arrive at the harbour). If you arrive at the Central Station you can take the bus 1A from Tietgensgade (the bridge across the rails) it leaves every 5 minutes. Remember to buy a 2 zone ticket before you enter the bus.
If you are a big group please feel free to contact us at email@example.com to get a good deal for your group. It pays to plan in advanced, especially in summer time.
Our room on the second floor can accommodate 30. With a group this size you can get a floor to yourselves. There is a toilet and two showers on this floor and additional toilet facilities and another five showers are on the first floor just down the stairs.
Maybe you need to book the whole house for a large group. We can also facilitate this if you contact us with enough time.
We have two double rooms with double beds and we can prepare an extra mattress on the floor too. Probably the cheapest double room in Nyhavn. Toilet and shower facilities are shared.